HOW TO APPLY FOR A GRANT
- Review WIPCSRA Grant Guidelines.
- All applicants must view the Grant Information Session in its entirety before submitting an application.
- Determine if your organization is eligible to compete for funds and if there is a fit between your organization and the interests of WIPCSRA.
- Prepare and/or compile organizational documents, to include:
- Evidence of Tax- Exempt Status: Provide a copy of the organization?s current IRS determination letter indicating its tax-exempt status.
- Financial documents: Provide Proposed Project Budget using WIPCSRA budget template, most recently filed Form 990, current audit or internally prepared financial statements for the past three (3) years plus Organizational Budget for the current fiscal year (use WIPCSRA budget template or your own spreadsheet).
- Current Funding Sources: List of organizations, corporations, and foundations your organization is seeking funding from for the project with the status of each request.
- Current Board of Directors: List board members and their work/community affiliations.
- Key Staff: Provide a one paragraph description of key staff, including qualifications relevant to this grant application and length of employment.
Please do not include any supplementary material with your application other than what is requested.
- WIPCSRA may request additional information on a case-by-case basis in the form of annual reports, evaluation studies, and support letters.
- Complete and submit the on-line application no later than the date posted. Only on-line applications will be accepted; paper applications will not be accepted.
- Chosen organizations may receive a site visit from WIPCSRA members in January. Your organization will be notified in advance. The objective of a site visit is to conduct a general due diligence review and to resolve any outstanding questions after members review the Full Grant Application.
- WIPCSRA will not accept applications after the deadline.
- Organizations will be notified in early February each if they are being placed on the membership ballot for grant consideration.
- Grants are awarded based on a formal vote of the WIPCSRA membership in early March.
- Organizations will be notified in March if they have been selected to receive a grant.
- Representatives from each organization accepted for a grant will attend the Annual Luncheon in late March.
Member Grant Review
The mission of this organization, which is a partnership of the United Way of the CSRA and The Community Foundation for the CSRA, is to create an awareness of the needs of women and children in the Central Savannah River Area of Georgia and South Carolina.
The vision of this organization is to give hope to every woman and child for the future through collaboration, connection, and community.
The purpose of this organization is to award grants to fund programs and projects that have the potential for high impact, resulting in significant, positive change in the lives of women and children in Aiken, Burke, Columbia, Edgefield, McDuffie, and Richmond Counties.